It´s crazy how much a crave warm food during the colder months. When it´s freezing outside and I come home after a long working day, I can only think about one thing.
Hot, comforting and delicious … SOUP.
However sometimes you might think that just a soup is not enough or that it just takes wayyy to much effort.
This soup is so incredibly easy that even a kid could make it. And this is the kind of soup you need when you crave something warm and filling but you also don´t feel like spending half an hour chopping tons of vegetables. It only requires one pot: through it all in, let it simmer and in 30 minutes you´ll be at the table enjoying this warming and hearty soup.
WHITE BEANS & RICE SOUP
Yield 2 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1 can white beans
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- Pinch of pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- When the soup has been boiling for 5 minutes, lower heat to a light simmer and put the lid on.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free