Sometimes we need a deliciously creamy sauce for our potatoes or veggies and we need it NOW. So here you have. Tahini and yogurt sauce coming to the rescue.
I realized that we all need more healthy sauces in our lives so I committed to develop as many as possible in the near future. So if you love your potatoes but struggle to eat them plain, start with this creamy sauce or give my miso gravy a try. You´ll want to eat potatoes all day, every day.
TAHINI & YOGURT SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy yogurt ( I used soy yogurt)
- 6 tablespoons almond milk (use soy milk or oat milk to make it nut free).
- 2 heaping teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (rice or agave syrup would work too)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped scallions or green onions
- Blend all the ingredients together for a few seconds.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan and heat it up while stiring.
- Serve with potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, rice...up to you!
Cuisine Nut-Free, Gluten-Free