Hello pancakes and welcome to my life again!
I haven´t had pancakes for a while since I´ve been really into porridge. Seems that I almost forgot how much I LOVE them. But then you come up with such an epic recipe as this one and your love for them kind of jumps to the next level.
This is the perfect recipe for a lazy sunday, for those days when you want/need a powerful breakfast or when you have guests and you want to surprise them with something not only declicious but also kind of fancy. These pancakes match all of the above. Oh, and I forgot to mention that these pancake are also EXTREMELY easy to make. Don´t you love them already?
SUNDAY POWER PANCAKES
Yield 12 pancakes
- For the pancakes:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 2/3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- For the chocolate syrup, combine:
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons non-dairy milk
- For the cashew cream, combine:
- 1 and ½ tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Note: any nut butter will work (besides tahini because is kind of bitter). Walnut butter, peanut butter, hemp butter, macadamia butter....The flavour will vary but it will still be delicious.
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1 banana sliced
- Place all the ingredients beside the vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the vinegar and blend for another 3-5 seconds.
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles for on the top. Then flip and cook for another minute or until slightly brown.
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free