I declare myself a porridge addict. I love trying different combinations and I came up with this one today. It is, hands down, my best porridge until today. It is a delight for all the senses. It looks beautiful, smells deliciously sweet and it tastes amazing. If you have never tried porridge before I really encorange you to try this recipe because I´m 100% sure you will love it. And if you are a porridge addict like me, I am pretty sure this recipe will be your new favourite. It is that good.
RED BERRIES PORRIDGE
Yield 2 servings
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 3 cups oat or rice milk
- 4 pitted and chopped medjoul dates
- 1/2 a cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (I used fresh but could be frozen too)
- Mix the rice flakes, milk and dates in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until the flakes are soft and most of the milk has been absorbed. It takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Add all the berries and reduce heat to minimum. Keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once it´s all nicely mixed pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Cuisine Low-Fat, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free