I´m such a huge porridge addict. Seriously, once you´ve tried it there is no way back. I´m not lying when I say that I crave it every morning and that I could eat it for lunch and dinner too.
This time I decided to make a baked version of my go-to porridge: dates, blueberries and bananas. I also used homemade almond milk and a nice amount of cinnamon. Baking it also enhances the flavors and somehow makes it taste even better. It is so filling, comforting and satisfying and yet so good for you. Healthy comfort food at its best!
I used rice flakes but you could use rolled oats as well. Both will give you a nice boost of energy to start your day. The dates will make it deliciously sweet while the bananas and blueberries will melt in your mouth. The almond milk adds an extra creaminess to the dish and the cinnamon will make your kitchen smell wonderfully. Porridge is by far one of the best breakfast options since it´s so high in fiber which will keep you nicely full and satisfied until your next meal.
Try it but don´t blame me later if you become a porridge addict too! 😉
- 2 cups rice flakes or rolled oats
- Enough boiling water to cover them
- 6 medjoul dates or 10 of the small ones
- 1,5 cups almond milk (use oat milk for a nut-free version)
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the rice flakes or rolled oats in a oven-proof baking dish. Add enough water to just cover them.
- Pit and chop the dates. Add them to the baking dish.
- Peel the bananas and chop 2 of them. Add to a bowl and then mash them with a fork. Add to the baking dish.
- Incorporate the blueberries to the baking dish.
- Add the almond milk and mix everything with a spoon.
- Chop the third banana in small slices and put them on top.
- Top it with as much cinnamon as you like. I added around 3 teaspoons.
- Bake at 180° for around 15 minutes.